Week 11 -GENERAL CONFERENCE

 Watching Conference











Our Apartment

I am emailing early this week so that we can go to San Pedro to play soccer.  We are meeting our zone at a soccer facility called “Sports Mania”.  We had a good week which was topped off by an amazing Conference weekend.  I felt the Spirit so powerfully watching conference and it doubled my testimony.  My two favorite speakers were Elder Ballard and Elder Schmutz (of the 70).  Elder Schmutz’s talk spoke to my heart powerfully. 

I have a picture of the 8 gringos from our district all watching conference in the High council room of the Stake Center in Chamelecon. 

Overall, I felt like the first and last sessions were the most spiritual for me, and the 2 middle ones were the most instructive.  We have yet to watch the Priesthood session (in English).  We tried to watch it in Dos Caminos but there were issues with the power going out (which has been happening a lot lately). 

Even without Conference, this week was really cool.  I have seen some cool conversions in our investigators, especially a woman named Dalia.  She told us that ever since the first time we spoke to her, she has seen her life change dramatically for the better.  She has turned out to be awesome. 

Before we met her, she had issues with demonic spirits around her home.  However, since we started visiting her, they’ve gone away.  She also has little money and no employment but she put all the money she did have together to come from Dos Caminos to Chamelecon with her 5 kids to see a session of General Conference.  She is one of several awesome families we are teaching right now. 

I have really seen my patriarchal blessing come to pass (about my mission) and I‘ve only been here in the fields 1 change (6 weeks).  I hope that you all can really try to apply conference to your lives.  I know it has already started to change mine.

Love,
Elder Cox

Elder Ballard:

Elder Schmutz:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/god-shall-wipe-away-all-tears?lang=eng

No comments