WEEK 12 - PARASITES

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER!!!

Not your average missionary week.  This was my hardest week by far.  From Monday to Saturday, we could not go out because I got really sick.  I had really bad stomach pains, fevers, vomiting, and basically couldn’t move.  We finally decided to call the enfermera (nurse) and tell her what was going on Wednesday night.  We met her at the hospital Friday and they ran some tests.  I have a digestive tract infection.  And yes, I did get several parasites.  I don’t know how because the only place out of the ordinary that we ate was Denny’s.  Right now, I am getting better little by little through 6 different pills that I am taking.  I learned a lot this week though.  It was a struggle just sitting around and at times I wanted to leave.  I learned to pray a lot more fervently and really apply the Atonement.  I also now know “The District” (training movie for missionaries) forwards, backwards, and sideways.  It was all I had to entertain myself.  As I start to be healthy enough to go out, I know this experience has strengthened my testimony.  I’ll be fine, no worries.  Twenty-one months is a long time, but there’s only one mission so I’m going to do my best to serve the Lord.

Love,

Elder Cox

No comments