Week 4 The MTC Continued





I only have 15 minutes, so I will say as much as I can !!  I love you !!

The "old" guys (fellow Elders with a whopping three more weeks of experience than Dallin) left last Tuesday.  We were pretty bummed.  It's been weird this last week without them.  We have already planned a post mission party with them so that's good !!  We are the veterans now, teaching the young kids what to do.

We left the CCM at 8 am that same morning and headed to downtown Guatemala City.  We rode a bus to the market, where they sold a bunch of handmade goods.   I bought an awesome sweater and a hacky sack.  Both really cheap of course. 

We went to the plaza and gave out copies of the Book of Mormon to people  We gave out the 2 copies that we had in 25 minutes.  We actually received 1 referral. 
One guy from the US cussed us out and was pretty mad.  We just ignored the guy and kept going. 

We were able to go to Wendy's.  It was pretty much a taste of heaven even though Wendy's here has breakfast and the meat and meals are a bit different.

We also went to this massive Catholic church (biggest in Guatemala City) and looked around.  It seemed that there was a lot of focus on Christ's death instead of his life.  It was a sad feeling.

That night, President Duncan came to talk to us. He is the President over Central America for the church.  He and his wife are awesome.  I was able to shake their hands.

The newbies arrived the next day, we got 3 in our room.  Half of them didn't show up until the following day because all the guys from Salt Lake City had no pilot show up.  They had to go down to the Provo MTC, spend then night, and then come the next day.  Elder Roscus, Elder Giles, and Elder Horning are our new roomies.  One is from AZ, other 2 from UT. 

Strange facts ... I have been missing music the last week or two.  Also, I have also noticed that we are really good at teaching women but not quite as good at teaching men.  

We fasted for 24 hours this last week.  Everyone in the CCM has had constipation and the runs so the lines to the baños have been miles long.  I have been handling my issues well and it hasn't affected me much.

It was a long week this week because of transfers.  I really didn't have a ton of time to write everything.  

I want to thank everyone for their emails, they always mean a lot. 

I hope all is well with all of you in the States.  The first month has gone really fast.

I have been feeling the Spirit strongly, especially in the temple.

I have missed all of you, especially Carter.  I think about him a lot.  I love all of you a lot.

Thank you for your examples.  

Love, Elder Cox

No comments