Week 5 MTC - Final Week


Sister Ramos served with Courtney in the Mexico City Chalco Mission & now teaches at the Guatemala MTC.


Some excerpts from Dallin from this past week !! If you have a chance, I am sure he would love to hear from you as he leaves the MTC.  He is definitely nervous about it ... understandably.  Thank you for all your support !!  We appreciate it !!

1. The language is going pretty well.  My teacher said I am doing really well and I should be able to speak and understand within a month or so.  I can pretty much talk to most latinos (except dominicans who talk 10000 mph) and understand what they are saying.


2.  Last week was the usual bomb p-day.  We played ball for over an hour but it just got too hot.  The rest of the day we just studied and relaxed.  

3.  I have felt super nervous this week about leaving the MTC.  It shows because I my stomach hasn't felt well at all and the bathroom and I have been best friends at times hahaha.  I am fine, though.  

4.  I heard a talk by Elder Bednar, where he bore his testimony that we could do this, and that spoke pretty strongly to me.  We also heard a devotional by Elder Ballard where he told us to think of what Joseph Smith went through in Liberty Jail and to stop feeling sorry for yourself (my paraphrasing).  I need to get rid of my fear and have more faith.

5.  My progress can not even be fathomed, honestly.  Before I got here, I thought I knew quite a bit about the Gospel and Spanish (I knew a fair amount) but I wasn't even close !!  After these weeks here, my testimony has become stronger where it practically didn't exist in some ways.  I came here on faith, and the Lord has blessed me because of it.  I feel like I have also been blessed with the gift of tongues, and I can communicate pretty well in Spanish in 5 weeks.  It's sometimes just a matter of putting your foot over the line and having faith that our Heavenly Father will help you past the first step. 

6.  I leave at 2 am on Tuesday and fly to San Pedro Sula.

7.  My goal is to strive to be a great missionary and I will love the people and my companions.  As for my legacy, I want to be a missionary that works hard and puts forth all my effort and leaves no regrets like Carlan, Court and others.  The stories that Bishop Jones shared with me have really stuck with me.

8.  I love to hear from all of you.  Sometimes, it gets lonely.  Pictures and emails are welcome.  Don't worry though, I am doing well.  Please tell everyone HI for me, especially Sister Brandt !!  I love you all.

9.  See you all next week from SAN PEDRO SULA HONDURAS !!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Cox

No comments