WEEKS 90-91 THE JUNGLE

                                     Bought a straw hat, why not?


                                                          Go Utes!
 Waiting at the Immigration Office to renew our residency cards

Mission Leader Conference

In the jungle on exchanges!

Week 91 – April 16

I have felt well this week other than being super tired.  Luckily we don't succumb! Yes, I get sunburned a lot.  I use SPF 50, but I sweat it off in like 10 minutes. 

We found a TON of new investigators this week.  We had divisions with some missionaries and found tons of new people to teach. Our zone has been doing better too, so we're happy for that.  For our p-day this week, we had an activity with 3 zones. We played hacky sack and hoops and President Bush brought food.  Good times!

I am sorry I don't have a ton of time to write. I will try to be more detailed next week (or when I get home!)

Love you muchoooo!!



My New Comp - Elder Rodriguez

WEEK 90 –April 9

     I am feeling better this week.  I was given meds and they vacuumed out my ears because they were plugged.   They told me I had a sinus infection.  My last companion is home now in Chile.  He might visit the States in August so hopefully we can see each other.  My new companion is from Tijuana and his name is Elder Rodriguez. He has 14 months in the mission and is 20 years old.  He loves hoops!

     I am just really focusing on Elder Oaks talk of doing the little things, I've been thinking a lot about who I want to be when I get home and who I want to be in life. I just need to keep the good habits that I've developed here and apply them, not forgetting what I've done for the last 21 months.

      There has been a quote that I am meditating on that says, “Pray as if everything you did depended on the Lord and work as if everything you did depended on yourself."  In other words, rely on the Lord always, but do your part and work hard.  I think that motto has worked well for me.

     I am doing well.  I'm just trying to stay focused and work until the end.  I just want to hit the ground running when I get home and stay focused having the Gospel first in my life!


No comments